Rhymes with Reason is an online workbook that teaches students advanced vocabulary using the hip-hop tracks they already know and love.
Great for teachers
- Rigorous: introduces key SAT, ACT, and Common Core vocabulary terms
- Efficient: automatically track student progress with built-in quizzes
- Cost-effective: cheaper and more sustainable than paper workbooks
Great for students
- Engaging: Spotlights the advanced vocabulary in their favorite songs
- Convenient: works on phones or computers
- Intuitive: easy-to-use, with instant feedback
Rhymes with Reason Essentials
200 high-utility words for middle and high-schoolers — available now
Rhymes with Reason Essentials utilizes lyrics from recognizable, modern hip-hop songs to create an interactive workbook comprised of 200 core vocabulary words. Essentials spotlights high-utility vocab words students need in order to be effective writers, readers and communicators (and can also expect to see on standard exams) from grades 6-12.
- 200 core vocabulary words
- Quiz questions for every word, and extra unit quizzes
- 10 weekly units, each with 20 vocabulary words and multiple-choice exercises, and a 15-question quiz
- Song lyrics, explanations, and song preview for each word
- Classroom creation, assignments, and student progress tracking
- Suggested grades: 6–12
$120 per classroom for 1 year.
200 vocabulary words, and up to 40 students per classroom.
For Parents or Individuals
Buy Rhymes with Reason—the same program used in schools nationwide—for yourself or your child.
$20 for one year (expires July 2018)
$50 family pack: 3 separate profiles (expires July 2018)
“I have been teaching for 11 years, and I’ve never found any vocabulary program that aims to engage students more than Rhymes with Reason. Rhymes with Reason aligns well with my classroom and school goals of preparing students for Common Core testing, SATs, ACTs, and college. I really appreciate how the program is explicitly aligned with Common Core Standards! Thank you.”Elena Samaniego, 9th Grade English Laguna Creek High School, Elk Grove, CA
“Our school, every year, almost without fail, attempts to implement a new vocabulary program, but I can say that Rhymes with Reason, in my classroom, has been more effective than the rest, presumably because it connects with what students are actually listening to and interested in during their own free time.”Phil Brophy, Hackensack Schools, New Jersey
“Rhymes with Reason responds to an important gap in our current education system where many students' intelligences remain untapped and unseen. [...] The development of this product has been an inspiration and I believe it can help set a higher standard for all educators to see every student and make every effort to tap into their many abilities.”Sophia Collas, international education professional, graduate of Teachers College, Columbia University
Appropriate for all ages
Rhymes with Reason teaches middle- and high-school vocabulary — but our content is always appropriate for all ages. Rhymes with Reason does not use, or reference any explicit or suggestive content in the hip-hop lyrics included across the program. We pride ourselves on making sure our content is student appropriate.